Your Life Changes. So Should Your Health Insurance.
Did you miss the open enrollment deadline for health insurance or do you need to change your health insurance coverage because of personal life events? If you have had one of the following qualifying life changes (QLEs) in the past 60 days or will in the next 60 days, you may be eligible to update your health insurance coverage during a special enrollment period.
- Any change in an income that would impact the level of coverage in which you qualify;
- Moving locations as a result of attending school, seasonal work migration, moving into or out of a shelter, or moving to a new zip code or county;
- Loss of health coverage due to a change in employment status, aging out of a parent’s plan at 26 yrs of age, change in life circumstances that make you no longer eligible for Medicare or Medicaid, or any other change that would cause you to no longer be qualified to use your existing plan;
- Change in marital status from divorce, marriage or being widowed;
- Becoming a new parent either from birth, adoption or fostering;
- Becoming a US Citizen;
- Exceptional circumstances such as leaving jail and a variety of other events can be considered a qualifying life event.
Not sure if your qualifying life event will give you the ability to change your health insurance? You can verify if you qualify for the Special Enrollment Period by visiting healthcare.gov.
Talk With an Advisor. They Can Help.